Online Course Development
Why develop an online course? Read this to find out some advantages.
Things to consider before developing an online course:
- Have you consulted with your Department Head to see if online delivery fits with goals of your department?
- Can the course be effectively designed to engage students? If you are uncertain about whether an existing course can be modified for online delivery check with Instructional Development Services (IDS).
- Contact Bruce Reeves or Amanda Evans at ITSS for learning technologies, course management and the development of course materials. They work closely with IDS to ensure quality online delivery. There is no charge for their service.
- Decide whether WebVista or Moodle meets the needs of your particular course. You can create a course in both tools to try them out or, save time by asking for help from ITSS in making decision.
- Group training on Moodle is available (8 person minimum). For general Moodle help contact Terry Guggenbuehl, Bruce Reeves or Amanda Evans.
- Tech Camp
- Moodle Instructor Support
- WebVista Faculty Resource or Training Resources
- UMD Classroom Technology Resources
- U of M Copyright Information
- Creative Commons - allow your creative or copyrighted work to be available