We promise all of our clients that we will:
- Provide services to all faculty and TAs regardless of rank or appointment;
- Treat clients fairly, respecting their uniqueness and their ability to set objectives and make decisions;
- Protect all privileged information, obtaining informed consent from clients before using or referring publicly to client cases in such a way that the client could be identified;
- Assist faculty when we can provide useful assistance and suggest other resources to meet needs we cannot address.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or requests, please drop in, e-mail, or call one of our staff.
The Instructional Development Service (IDS) works with faculty members, adjuncts, and GTAs across all disciplines and in a variety of ways to improve teaching and to enhance the culture of teaching and learning at UMD.
Our services include:
- individual and group teaching consultations
- workshops, ongoing discussion groups
- providing instructional resources
- IDS WS #2: Interdisciplinary Sustainability Resources: A Potluck Approach to Sustainability Course Design: Dr. Denny Falk, Social Work, KSC 333, T, 2/18/14
- Department Head Meeting: 2/19/14, 2-3:30 pm Garden Room
- MidCareer Series facilitated by IDS Faculty Fellow Dr. Mitra Emad, Next Meeting2:00-3:30 pm, Th 2/27/14, KSC 268
To Register email firstname.lastname@example.org or call x6214.
LeAne Rutherford, Associate Professor, Instructional Consultant, Newsletter Editor
Shelley L. Smith, Associate Professor, Instructional Consultant, Web Editor
Jason Ellis, Principal Administrative Asst.