Commencement is a celebration of all you have accomplished.
Participation is voluntary but graduates are encouraged to participate.
Students interested in participating in the upcoming commencement ceremony, who have not yet completed degree requirements should contact their Director of Graduate Studies.
UMD Commencement is scheduled for Saturday, May 17, 2014 at the Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center, Amsoil Arena.
There will be two separate ceremonies:
10:00 a.m. beings the ceremony for CEHSP, SFA, and CLA students
3:00 p.m. begins the ceremony for LSBE and SCSE
Graduate students can only participate in one ceremony. If a student does not participate in the ceremony for which he or she is scheduled, the student will not be allowed to participate in any subsequent ceremony.
Graduating students must adhere to the following requirements and deadlines:
Graduation requirements for MEEd, MEHS, MAPL, M.Ed. MSpED, MTAG, and MEng programs
1. Submit an approved Graduate Degree Plan by March 1st.
2. Submit an Application for Degree by March 1st to have your information included in the Commencement Program.
3. Submit the Commencement Attendance Questionnaire by March 1st.
***Please note that these forms may be submitted either by email to email@example.com or hard copy to the UMD Graduate Office (420 Darland). Please see your program's coordinator for further assistance.***
Graduation requirements for all other graduate programs:
1. Submit an approved Graduate Degree Plan by the first day of the term in which you plan to graduate to the UMD Graduate Office (420 Darland). For more information regarding Master's Degree Requirements, please click here.
2. MA, MS, and PhD students must Assign/Update Your Examining Committee.
3. Graduates must next obtain the Application for Degree.
The Graduation Packet including the Application for Degree is available online for MA, MS, MSW, MBA, and PhD students, click here.
4. March 1 is the deadline to submit both the Application for Degree and the Commencement Attendance Questionnaire to the UMD Graduate Office to have your information included in the Commencement Program.
Additional requirements for those participating in Commencement Ceremonies
1. Students must obtain the proper academic attire in order to participate in the ceremonies.
2. Purchase your cap, gown, hood and tassel at Lower Level UMD Stores. More information to the type of Regalia for you and your program can be found here.
3. March 6, 2014 in Kirby Ballroom the UMD Grad Fair will be taking place. The discount of 20% is also available online on this date off your cap, gown, hood and tassel.
4. Details regarding this year's Commencement are available at UMD Commencement Information.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the UMD Graduate Office (218) 726-7523.
or refer to Graduate Program Commencement Information.